By Jonathan Graham, SGP Board of Directors
Benefits of being a sustainable company.
Being sustainable helps companies find the balance between the three pillars of sustainability of economic, environmental and social aspects to ensure a successful business, satisfied employees and reduced environmental impact. Starting on a sustainable journey will immediately provide positive impact. Start your sustainability journey and benefit:
- Reduce operational costs from efficiency improvements
- Increase productivity, quality, and profitability through product and process improvements
- Expand customer base and access to new markets as a sustainable supplier
- Strengthen employee engagement which can result in higher productivity and increased job satisfaction
- Minimize environmental risks, social risks and likelihood of negative publicity through consistent commitment to sustainable practices
- Establish reliable supply chains and increase levels of trust with customers, suppliers, and your community
For more information on advantages of establishing sustainability as a core of your company`s values and operations read “Why Sustainability Is Now the Key Driver of Innovation.” Harvard Business Review.